Sharing a meal is one of the most important things we do at Stories @ The Edge. First, it makes a statement about who we believe is welcome at the heavenly banquet (all people). Second, what starts out as a room full of uncomfortable strangers, becomes a table of connection, (you would be amazed at the power of “pass the salt!”). The shared meal at the beginning of the evening creates the atmosphere that supports the vulnerability and courage of Stories @ The Edge.
Are you interested in sharing your culinary talents with us? A couple of things you need to know:
- You will have access to a large, shared, commercial kitchen half a block north of The Edge building.
- We send a team over a few minutes before six to collect the food.
- We cook for 40 and usually have 20-30 in attendance
- We always serve family style: you can either cook in smaller, separate containers, (one for each of the 5 tables), or transfer the food from one large bowl to smaller bowls for each table.
- We are grateful for those that donate food (tax deductible donation) but we can also use our credit card for shopping or reimburse any expenses you may have.
- Our budget is $200 per event, please do not exceed $300.